The inaugural National Herdsman conference, hosted by LKL, will take place at Harper Adams College on 22-23 July.
The event is aimed at anyone working on a dairy farm, and will include speakers talking on issues such as improving communication on farm, dairy cow nutrition, infectious diseases and implications of lameness and mastitis.
The two-day conference will begin with a tour of the new facilities at Harper Adams, followed by an evening dinner with well-known commentator Roger Evans, with speakers and a debate between LKL herd managers on the Saturday.
Speakers at the conference include:
• Jonathan Statham, Bishopton Vets – optimising the vet/herd manager relationship
• Jon Reader, Synergy Farm Health – health and welfare implications of lameness and mastitis
• Den Leonard, Lambert, Leonard and May – infectious diseases in dairy cattle
• Andy Thompson, Promar – maximising the consultant/herd manager relationship
• David Alvis, consultant – the future for large-scale herds in the UK
• George Gordon, LKL – improving communication on your farm
• Michael Marsden, KW – Life after soya: nutrition of the dairy cow in the future
The conference costs £95 +VAT (all inclusive). For more information contact the LKL office on 01722 323546 or email firstname.lastname@example.org