A senior vet and a Schmallenberg virus expert will be taking questions live on FWi tonight, on dealing with deformed and aborted lambs.
Senior vet Peter Aitken and Schmallenberg expert Ian Nanjiani will be chatting live for one hour, taking questions and offering practical advice to producers who are concerned about facing higher-than-normal abortions.
It’s easy to get involved – just visit FWi between 6.30pm and 7.30pm tonight to follow the discussion and submit your own questions.
ABOUT THE EXPERTS
* Mr Aitken has worked at farm animal practices in New Zealand and the UK since 2002 and is a member of the Australian College of Veterinary Scientists. He has a passion for improving production, health and profitability through nutritional and vet management of livestock systems.
* Mr Nanjiani is a vet in Westpoint’s research team, where he leads the practice’s Schmallenberg working group. He has been actively involved in farmer and vet training on SBV during the past year.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
• Go to FWI at 6.30pm tonight, where you will find the chat window, or sign up now below.
• If you can’t make the discussion, send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get your query answered for you.
• A transcript of the discussion will be available immediately after the event.