This year’s Agritechnica show – the biggest indoor farm machinery event in the world – takes place in Hanover, Germany from 13-17 Nov. If you want to see what’s new in the world of agricultural machinery, it’s the place to be.
What is it?
* Agritechnica involves 1900 exhibitors showing off their machines in 15 halls (plus an outdoor area) that cover 28ha (69 acres) in all.
* All machinery types are on show and there’s a special hall devoted solely to bioenergy.
* There’s a good product guide where you can type in, say, fertiliser spreaders and see what companies making them will be there.
When is it?
* The main show days are from 13-17 November.
* There are also two higher-priced preview days mainly for the trade, press and ‘key customers’ on 11 and 12 November but anyone can go if they don’t mind paying a premium price. See below for admission prices.
* Opening hours are 9am to 6pm
Where is it?
* Messegelände, 30521 Hannover, Germany
How do I get there?
* Direct flights leave from Stansted, Manchester and Birmingham.
* If you don’t have time to organise things yourself contact Agricultural Travel Bureau on 01636 705 612.
* Driving? According to the AA website, it’ll take you 6.5 hours to drive from Calais to Hanover. There’s info on putting Agritechnica’s location into your satnav in the Q&A section
What does it cost?
* A typical two night stay with flights will cost in the region of £340.
* Admission to the show costs 20 euros/day from 13-17 November
* Students and pensioners get in for 10 euros/day
* Children under 8 get in for free
* A two-day pass costs 32 euros
* Cost of a a ticket that gives entry on the two preview days (11 and 12 November) plus 13 November costs 69 euros.
Want more info?
The official Agritechnica website is really good, so try there.