Massey Ferguson will launch the full range of its flagship MF 8600 Series models at the EIMA Show, in Bologna on 12 – 16 November 2008.
The MF 8600 Series offers maximum engine powers from 270hp to 370hp providing what the company describes as ‘ultimate fuel economy and unparalleled performance’ from its Sisu Diesel engines. The range also features the Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system as profiled at the launch of the MF8690 (see article here) last month.
“With the 370hp, MF 8690, launched in September, Massey Ferguson introduced the most powerful and technically advanced conventional four-wheel drive tractor in the world,” says Campbell Scott, Massey Ferguson general sales engineering and brand development manager.
“The MF 8690 is now joined by four more models in the MF 8600 Series that meet professional contractors’ and farmers’ demands for more power and higher productivity.
“The MF 8600 Series, available in two levels of specification, sets the standard in terms of productivity, fuel economy and the cleanest emissions as well as introducing class-leading innovations in all areas,” adds Mr Scott.
MF 8600 and MF 8600 Excellence
|MF 8660||MF 8670||MF 8680||MF 8690 *|
|Engine (SisuDiesel)||8.4 litre Ecotech||8.4 litre Ecotech||8.4 litre Ecotech|| 8.4 litre Ecotech |
* Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology is standard on MF 8690, in ‘Excellence’ specification and is an option on all others.
Massey Ferguson is introducing two distinct levels of specification for this series – the MF 8600 and the MF 8600 ‘Excellence’ models.
Standard versions of the MF 8650, MF 8660, MF 8670 and MF 8680 are powered by Stage 3/Tier 3 Sisu Diesel Citius 8.4 litre engines, equipped with common rail, four valves/cylinder and Electronic Engine Management control. They come with the new four-point OptiRide cab suspension, Datatronic 4 Control Centre Display (including video input and ISOBus compatibility) and Dyna-VT transmission with Dyna-TM control.
Along with the Sisu Diesel SCR engines, which provide a claimed 5% saving in fuel and cleaner exhaust emissions, other features include 5,000kg capacity integral front linkage system (IFLS), SpeedSteer, OptiRide Plus Dynamic cab suspension. They are supplied AutoGuide ready as well as having climate control A/C.
MF 8600 Series features include:
• 270hp to 370hp (max power) SisuDiesel, 8.4 litre, Ecotech engines with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology producing highest fuel efficiency with the lowest emissions. Standard on MF 8690 and all ‘Excellence’ models and as an option on all MF 8600s
• Heavy duty Dyna-VT continuously variable transmission with new Dynamic Tractor Management (DTM), which links the engine and transmission for optimised performance and economical operation
• Completely new, four-pillar cab with new ‘Control Arm and ‘Control Centre’ Display
• OptiRide cab suspension system providing 30% increase in comfort without roll or pitching. OptiRide Plus Dynamic cab suspension – standard on MF 8690 and Excellence models and optional on other MF 8600s
• Novel SpeedSteer function, standard on MF 8690 and Excellence models, allows operators to adjust the ratio of steering wheel turns to the front wheel movement. Optional for other MF 8600s
• Heavy duty chassis structure with factory fitted fully Integrated Front Linkage (IFLS) and PTO
• New heavy-duty front axle with QuadLink suspension standard on all tractors
• High capacity transaxle design with 12,000kg lift capacity
• ISO-compatible Datatronic 4 Control Centre Display comprehensive electronic automation and display. AutoGuide automatic steering ready.