Grassland and Muck 2008 takes place this Wednesday and Thursday (21 and 22 May) at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire. If you grow grass or use grass machinery, you mustn’t miss it.
It will cover 77ha (190 acre) in total, with 65ha (160 acres) of ready-to-cut grass and is expected to attract more than 12,000 livestock farmers and contractors.
Here’s a taste of what’s on offer:
* The latest machinery from all the main manufacturers in action. Whether it’s mowers, tedders, rakes, foragers, balers, wrappers or clamp equipment like telehandlers, it’ll all be there, hard at work.
* Grassland and Muck 2008 also gives you a unique chance to see the latest muckspreaders, slurry tankers and slurry injection systems in action.
* Experts will be on hand to explain how the new Nitrate Vulnerable Zone legislation will affect your business, how to calculate the value of your farmyard manure and slurry, understand when you can apply muck and slurry and calculate application rates that meet the new regs.
* The free ADAS on-site muck testing service will be the first chance to see new NRIS technology in action, giving instant analysis of your manure samples.
* More than 200 exhibitors will be there to show off the latest products and services.
See the latest grass variety and agronomy trial plots and get vital information on grass management.
* A full seminar programme, sponsored by Keenan, will cover subjects from agronomy to feeding, plus livestock performance on both fresh and conserved forage. For the first time, the seminars will be supported by practical demonstrations to help visitors get better returns from their grass.
*Advice and information will be available on crop protection and nutrition, livestock management and feeding, seed supply and plant breeding.
* For more details click on http://www.grasslandevent.co.uk/
* Grassland and Muck 2008 is organised by the Royal Agricultural Society of England, in partnership with Yara UK, sponsored by Keenan and Agrovista in association with Farmers Weekly.
When: Wednesday 21 May and Thursday 22 May
Where: Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire
Opening times: Wednesday: 8.30am to 5pm. Thursday 8.30am to 4pm
Cost: On-the-gate prices are £15
More details: Call 02476 696 969 or visit Grassland and Muck 2008