Cereals 2007 lines up a record number of sprayers to demonstrate together with 10ha of working cultivations on this years 67ha site. See the latest machinery and sprayer innovations first hand at the Cereals Event on 13-14 June at Vine Farm, Wendy near Royston.
Working and static machinery demos
Visitors will be able to compare power, productivity and performance in a real working environment, from tractors to telehandlers, subsoilers to drills, an increasing number of which can now be integrated with GPS and vehicle guidance systems.
- Case will have the new Puma tractor on its first public showing since its launch; they will also be demonstrating the flow combine with a maize header for the first time in response to new cropping options and biofuels.
- John Deere’s new automatic headland management system iTEC Pro can now be implemented on all John Deere 8030 Series tractors equipped with the AutoTrac guidance system. The system will be featured working in the demonstration plots at Cereals 2007 for the first time.
- Simba will launch a new style “low surface disturbance leg” for its Solos, STBars and Terranos. This makes one-pass oilseed rape establishment more reliable, re-structuring the subsoil to give the crop the conditions it needs to establish a good root system.
- Claas will be featuring the Lord Mayor combine, a new maize header on a combine harvester, the first time ever at Cereals and the first new Axion tractor launched last November.
Sprays & Sprayers arena
In and surrounding the Sprays and Sprayers arena, a host of new technologies to improve the precision of application and environmental restrictions on sprayer wash down and packaging disposal are on display, including working demonstrations.
- A record number of 53 sprayer machines are booked into the Sprays and Sprayers arena, which this year includes a new ‘high speed turning zone’ designed to test technology to the full.
- Chafer will be the launching site for upgrades on facilities for washing sprayers out more effectively in light of the new packaging guidelines; there will be working demos of these throughout the two days.
- The winner of Syngenta’s Farm Sprayer Operator of the Year Award, promoting the sensible use of agrochemicals and highlighting the importance of good spraying practice and innovation, will be announced in the Sprays & Sprayers arena on Wednesday 13th June at 12.15pm.
- In line with its position as the industry’s leading technical event for the arable industry, attendees are able to earn 4 NRoSo CPD or BASIS points for attending either day of Cereals.
For more information and to book your cereals tickets in advance, for fast track entry and to save money, visit www.cerealsevent.org.uk. The Cereals Event 2007 is organised and presented by Haymarket Exhibitions Ltd. Principal sponsor HSBC.