This week’s giant SIMA machinery show in Paris is expected to draw several thousand UK farmers and contractors keen to see the latest farm machinery. There promises to be some high-profile launches on the cards, too, including the world’s first hydrogen-powered tractor.
Farmers Weekly will be there in force, bringing you all the latest news and pictures from the event as it happens. Keep looking here for the latest stories.
Previous articles from SIMA show
* Currency warning for those hoping to buy at SIMA
* Case Puma 225 to be at SIMA Show
* New Holland hydrogen-powered tractor to be at the SIMA show
* Video + early driving impressions of the New Holland fuel cell tractor to be at SIMA
* List of innovations to be at the 2009 SIMA show (on SIMA website)
More than 3000 UK farmers were among the 214,000 people who came to the last SIMA, in 2007. The organisers are expecting an increase this year as UK farmers become more international in their machinery viewing and buying habits.
This year’s event will involve 1300 exhibitors, and while SIMA is wholly a machinery show, the Simagena event takes place at the same time and alongside it. This is aimed at cattle farmers, with 300 breeders exhibiting. There is also a Royal Show-style event called SIA at the Porte de Versailles with show cattle, livestock husbandry sundries and a huge food hall.
All are free to enter, provided you get your invitation card (see SIMA facts box) and convert that to a SIMA badge on the website.
For more information, click on the following links:
- When 22-26 February
- Where Villepinte, just north of Paris
- How to get there
- Air The showground is five minutes by train from Paris Charles de Gaulle airport
- Train Eurostar takes you from St Pancras station, London, to the Gare du Nord, Paris, then it’s 20 minutes by RER train to the showground.
- Car About 90 minutes from Calais. There’s parking at the showground.
- Go to Stita (01242 515 712 or www.stita.co.uk) or Pressplan Travel (01727-833291) who can organise travel and accommodation. Or (if you speak a bit of French) try the ITA accommodation agency on 0033 147 271 515 or see www.simaonline.com
- Cost UK visitors can get into the show free by getting an invitation card from Promosalons. Ring them on 020 8216 3100
- More details Contact Promosalons on 020 8216 3100 or see the extensive (in English) SIMA website