Tillage-Live, the UK’s biggest working cultivation event, heads north this year to Haddington, East Lothian on 3 October. Almost 50 cultivator, drill and sprayer firms have taken stands to date, say the organisers, with 26 working demonstrations giving farmers and contractors a great chance to see the latest kit being put through its paces.
“Technology continues apace when it comes to soil management and cultivation,” says event organiser Duncan Russell from the Agricultural Engineers Association. “Tillage-Live provides anyone considering changing or upgrading their tackle with an opportunity to compare the options in the field.”
- The Knowledge Trail, a new initiative last year, will include a soil pit to help show what is happening beneath the surface of farmers’ fields as a result of compaction.
- BASF will focus on the headache weeds farmers in Scotland and northern Britain face, and application guru Professor Paul Miller from NIAB-TAG will talk about options for Stomp Aqua.
- Sprayer and container cleaning plays a critical part in keeping pesticides out of water, so container-rinsing advice will be on hand.
- Spreader and Sprayer Testing will show how to set up and calibrate spreaders to apply slug pellets safely and effectively.
- CTF (controlled traffic farming) Europe will show how keeping to fixed wheelings across fields benefits crops and soils alike.
- The latest autosteer and GPS guidance equipment will be displayed, including options for sprayers and spreaders.
Visitors can get discounted ticket prices of £7.50 a car (instead of the £10 on-the-gate) by booking tickets at www.tillage-live.uk.com.
For more on this topic
See our Tillage-Live 2012 event page