What is the sponsorship opportunity?
Farmers Weekly Competitions allow the sponsor to reach farming professionals in print and online. A competition will ideally award one big prize of high value or a number of smaller prizes (at least 10) and the questions are required to be relatively simple and designed to encourage the maximum number of entrants. Farmers Weekly competitions run over a full calender month.
Where are we going to promote it?
There are 3 levels of promotion that can be booked; Gold, Silver and Bronze:
- Gold includes 4 x half page ads in Farmers Weekly each carrying an entry form, 50,000 page impressions per week from a combination of button, banner, skyscraper and MPU, competition landing page on FWi.co.uk with an entry form and an eshot to the FWi.co.uk email newsletter database (approx. 20k recipients).
- Silver includes 2 x half page ads in Farmers Weekly each carrying an entry form, 50,000 page impressions per week from a combination of button, banner, skyscraper and MPU and a competition landing page on FWi.co.uk with an entry form.
- Bronze includes 50,000 page impressions per week from a combination of button, banner, skyscraper and MPU and a competition landing page on FWi.co.uk with an entry form.
The competition landing page at www.fwi.co.uk/competition will include the sponsors name as part of the competition title, a logo, up to 50 words for the sponsors message, artwork within an area of 800 pixels wide x 80 pixels deep, entry form and terms and conditions.
How many competition entrants do we expect to get?
- Response rate would come from the audience of 324,524 unique users on FWi.co.uk (SiteCatalyst average monthly unique users Jan-March 2013) and the 61,842 ABC Audited readership of Farmers Weekly (Jan- Dec 2012)
What happens to the data from the competition?
- The sponsor will have ownership of all of the entrants who have not opted out of receiving information from third parties. An additional opt out can be added for the sponsor rather than third parties option if required, so that the entrants can clearly state whether they would like to be contacted by the sponsor or not.
- Previous competitions have shown that approx. 30% of the entrants do not opt out of receiving information from third parties.
- 30% of 2,110 expected total entrants for the Gold competition would result in an estimated 633 customer details being achieved. Please note that adding the sponsor name as an additional opt out may reduce the overall number of entrants, but they may well be better qualified leads.
What is the investment?
Farmers Weekly Competitions can be booked based on the level of exposure required. A Gold campaign is £10,000, Silver is £7,000, and Bronze is £5,000. The sponsor will also be required to provide the prize, or Farmers Weekly can source prizes at an additional cost.
Email for more information