A thousand mink loose in Staffordshire
THE Animal Liberation Front has admitted it set loose about 1000 mink after a break-in at a fur farm at Onneley, near Newcastle-under-Lyme.
The two-acre Kelbain Mink Farm is owned by Len Kelsall, chairman of the British Fur Traders Association.
He said he believed the governments promise to end mink farming in the UK had incited the animal rights campaigners to take action.
- Mink activists strike again, FWi, yesterday (17 September, 1998)
- The Times 18/09/98 page 8, page 9
- The Independent 18/09/98 page 1
- Financial Times 18/09/98 page 11 (News Digest)
- The Guardian 18/09/98 page 13
- The Daily Telegraph 18/09/98 page 9