Albert Fisher restructures
AILING food group Albert Fisher claimed “encouraging progress” in restructuring its operations as it revealed losses that more than doubled at the interim stage.
The group reported pre-tax profits down from £12.6 million to £2.6m for the six months to the 26 February.
Exceptional losses of £56m, related to the write-down of goodwill on disposals, left the group with a pre-tax loss of £53.4m.
Fisher is to amalgamate its three fresh-produce businesses on one site in June. In the half-year, the fresh-produce division lost £1.3m, compared to an operating profit of £1m previously.
- Non-executive resigns at Albert Fisher, FWi, 27 January, 1999
- Albert Fishers sauce for Unigate, FWi, 20 January, 1999
- The Times 23/04/02/99 page 35
- The Independent 23/04/02/99 page 21
- Financial Times 23/04/99 page 26
- The Daily Telegraph 23/04/99 page 34
- The Herald 23/04/99 page 29 (In Brief)