AstraZeneca agrochem on offer
TOM McKILLOP, chief executive of AstraZeneca, is prepared to sell the companys agrochemicals arm if the price is right, according to a report in The Times.
The arm is well-managed with a successful fungicide in Amistar, but there is no longer the “life sciences” belief that human medicine and crop science are underpinned by the same genetic technology.
Novartis, American Home Products and Monsanto are also considering selling their agrochemical businesses.
- AstraZeneca to drop agrochemicals, FWi, 27 May 1999
- Zeneca denies plans to sell off agrochem, FWi, 03 March 1999
- The Times 25/10/99 page 26
- Financial Times 25/10/99 page 31 (Companies Diary)
- The Daily Telegraph 25/10/99 page 29 (This Week)