Aussie anger at US lamb tariff
AUSTRALIAN sheep farmers are up in arms about US plans to impose tariffs on lamb imports.
President Bill Clinton is expected to announce on Friday whether trade restrictions will be imposed on Australian and New Zealand lamb imports.
A report by the US International Trade Commission said in February that increased foreign imports of sheepmeat posed a threat to US lamb producers.
- US lamb tariffs prompt Australian farmer protests, FWi Australia, yesterday (01 June, 1999)
- US sheep farmers reject offer of Australian help, FWi Australia, 17 May, 1999
- Clinton likely to impose lamb tariff: Kleckner, FWi Australia, 04 May, 1999
- Australia up in arms over 20% US lamb tariff, FWi Australia, 07 April, 1999
- Australia readies for lamb battle with USA, FWi Australia, 30 March, 1999
- USA moves to block Australian lamb imports, FWi Australia, 28 February, 1999
- Financial Times 02/06/06/99 page 36