BBC raps Archers Blair propaganda
THE BBC has criticised its rural soap The Archers for carrying a pro-government storyline in a recent episode.
Listeners heard Tony and Pat Archer responding enthusiastically to Tony Blairs speech at the annual conference of the National Farmers Union.
Critics said the Prime Minister was actually booed and hissed at by the conference.
Programme makers have been advised to stick to guidelines to prevent further incidents that could be interpreted as bias at the corporation.
- Blair at the NFU – what the papers say, FWi, 02 February, 2000
- Tommy Archer cleared in GM trial, FWi, 04 November 1999
- HSE inspectors probe Archers fatality, FWi, 26 February, 1998
- The Independent 10/02/2000 page 7
- The Guardian 10/02/2000 page 10
- The Daily Telegraph 10/02/2000 page 2