Bid battle breaks out for Hillsdown
A BID battle between US and UK venture capitalists has broken out for food manufacturer Hillsdown Holdings.
Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst, the US private investment firm, lifted its offer for Hillsdown to £530 million from £464m just as Britains Candover indicated it might counter the rival bid.
- Offer document posted for Hillsdown, FWi, 25 May, 1999
- Hillsdown shares soar on news of bid, FWi, 18 May, 1999
- Bids split Hillsdown board, FWi, 17 May, 1999
- US firm bids £450m for Hillsdown, FWi, 14 May, 1999
- The Times 28/05/99 page 35
- The Independent 28/05/99 page 20
- Financial Times 28/05/99 page 23
- The Daily Telegraph 28/05/99 page 33