Booker to sell peripheral businesses
FOOD and foodservice company Booker announced it was selling its peripheral businesses to concentrate on its cash and carry and food distribution operations.
The sale includes the Daehnfeldt seeds business and the groups sugar-related joint ventures.
Jonathan Taylor, chairman, said the sale of Arbor Acres, which supplies poultry breeding stock, would be difficult to offload but said the company would wait for the “appropriate time”.
The group warned that trading in the first 16 weeks was “disappointing” but added that the second half “should be pretty good”.
- Financial Times 03/06/98 page 19 (Observer), page 20 (Lex), page 21
- The Daily Telegraph 03/06/98 page 36
- The Times 03/06/98 page 27, page 30 (Tempus)
- The Independent 03/06/98 page 23
- The Guardian 03/06/98 page 24