BOOSTING YOUR BUSINESS
AGRIVISION – focusing on farmings future, will give you the information you need to plan your business for the future. The event has been designed to respond to the real problems facing all sectors of agriculture today.
Drawing together leading research organisations, top industry professionals and business consultants, AgriVision will take a close look at each step of the food chain, working to take the industry forward into the future.
Understanding the market
Understanding the demands of the marketplace is the key to successful food production. AgriVision will present the latest findings in changing consumer trends and how to explore new market opportunities. The seminar session My Future Customers will be invaluable for visitors wanting to get to grips with what is happening at consumer level so that the way forward can be planned effectively.
Food chain collaborations will be explored, concentrating on how and why successful collaborations can benefit both farmers and retailers. Quality assurance, consumer confidence and traceability will also be examined to give visitors up-to-date information on public opinion and restoring customer confidence.
Technology is central to the development of farming businesses. How farms can profit directly from information technology will be covered in detail. With a seminar session entitled Taming the Technology, a strong IT industry presence and plenty of independent advice, AgriVision will help farmers to understand what technology is available and how it can make farm management systems more effective. Areas tackled will include precision farming, IT communication and how to put IT into practice.
Individually-tailored business advice and information will be available for farmers across both livestock and arable sectors. With leading research and development organisations offering their expertise, visitors to AgriVision will receive realistic business-based solutions to help develop sustainable strategies that will make best use of existing resources as well as exploring non-farming options.
With an extensive seminar programme and keynote conference, AgriVision enables you to get the information you want quickly and easily. A range of co-ordinated features such as the Sheep and Beef Focus, the DEFRA-funded Knowledge Transfer project, an organic feature and high-tech cyber café will make your visit even more profitable.
• AgriVision is open on Wed, Dec 5 (9am to 5pm) and Thu, Dec 6 (9am to 4pm)
• AgriVision is organised by the Royal Agricultural Society of England (RASE) in association with farmers weekly.
• For more information on the event look at the RASE website: www.agrivision.org.uk or ring the RASE on: 024-7669 6969.
• Price on the gate is £8 and includes a complimentary lunch voucher (limited availability). AgriVision offers free parking and a free catalogue on arrival. No dogs are allowed.
• The event is kindly sponsored by Wm Morrison Supermarkets plc, ASDA, Tesco, Advantage West Midlands, the Regional Development Agency, NatWest, The Royal Bank of Scotland and Eprinex. It is also supported by Barclays, HSBC and Lloyds TSB Agriculture.