Bull gores farmer to death
WOULD-BE rescuers stood by helplessly for half an hour before recovering the body of an elderly farmer gored to death by an enraged bull.
Paramedics were only able to drag the body of Brian Warren, 86, out of the field, after the 2000lb (900kg) beast was shot by a gamekeeper.
Mr Warren, of Fornham All Saints, Suffolk, is believed to have been checking newborn lambs when he was attacked by the five-year-old animal.
The bull was kept in a field along with a suckler herd of 10 cows with calves and 75 sheep.
- Bull gores water board worker to death, FWi, 08 June, 1998
- Cows blamed for death of pensioner, FWi, 02 June, 1998
- Woman walker sues farmer after trampling by cows, FWi, 12 May, 1998
- The Times 22/03/02/99 page 3
- The Independent 22/03/02/99 page 4