Cargill into e-commerce
AGRIBUSINESS giant Cargill is joining forces with US chemical company DuPont and US farm co-operative Cenex Harvest States to launch an electronic marketplace.
This move means that e-commerce in the big US farm sector has moved up a gear, reports the Financial Times.
The three companies will have an equal stake in the new venture, called Rooster.com, which should be online by 1 May..
The venture aims to deal both with farm procurement and marketing of farm output.
It will post product information, prices and delivery options from participating suppliers, as well as cash grain bids from competing buyers.
- IT group to link farms to grocers, FWi, 17 February, 2000
- Internet market in fruit launched, FWi, 01 November, 1999
- US farming takes to the Net, FWi, 07 December, 1999
- E-commerce set for take-off, FWi, 13 October, 1999
- Financial Times 02/03/2000 page 21