Climate levy penalties unfair
COMPANIES making an “innocent mistake” in calculations could be unfairly penalised under the governments climate change levy, it is claimed.
The Institute of Directors has warned that the enforcement of the levy is unduly harsh, reports the Financial Times.
The institute says companies face high rates of penalty interest on credits claimed in error.
Farmers leaders fear the 1 billion tax could decimate Britains horticulture industry.
- Climate levy threatens booming blooms – Gill, FWi, 18 January, 2000
- Climate change – good news and bad, FWi, 25 November, 1999
- Farming still fears climate levy, FWi, 10 November, 1999
- Monsoons for Britain?, FWi, 28 September, 1999
- NFU wants climate tax exemption, FWi, 8 July, 1999
- Government to combat soil erosion, FWi, 11 November, 1997
- Global climate changes to hit British farming, FWi, 23 October, 1997
- Financial Times 30/05/2000