Costs take toll of Hazlewood profit
PROFITS at Hazlewood Foods, the UKs biggest sandwich maker, slumped last year after the cost of re-organising the company and expenditure on improving production facilities.
Pre-tax profits fell to £19.7 million from £32.4m for the year to 31 March. Underlying sales grew by 6.4%.
- Tomato prices hit Hazlewood Foods, FWi, 14 June, 1999
- The Times 16/06/99 page 27
- The Independent 16/06/99 page 21 (The Investment Column)
- Financial Times 16/06/99 page 36
- The Daily Telegraph 16/06/99 page 28 (Questor), page 31