Cows blamed for death of pensioner
PENSIONER Grace Aldridge, 67, of Lyminster, in West Sussex, was found dead after she was apparently trampled by cows.
The Health and Safety Executive is investigating and warned walkers of the potential risks.
The National Farmers Union said there was an onus on all farmers to put cattle in fields to which there was public access only if they were confident the animals would behave themselves under normal circumstances.
- Elderley woman trampled by cows, FWi, yesterday (1 June) Click here
- The Scotsman 02/06/98 page 2
- The Daily Telegraph 02/06/98 page 3
- The Times 02/06/98 page 9
- The Guardian 02/06/98 page 10
- The Independent 02/06/98 page 6