Crazed bull gores water engineer to death
A BULL gored to death water engineer Wilson Cowan, 56, who was collecting water at a sampling point beside a field in the village of Pettinain, Lanarkshire.
Farmer William Adamson, of Swaites Farm, was alerted and managed to return the animal to a pen at his farm, where it is understood he has had the animal destroyed.
The Health and Safety Executive has launched an investigation which took place in Grange Road late yesterday morning.
- Bull gores water board worker to death, FWi, yesterday
- The Scotsman 09/06/98 page 3
- The Times 09/06/98 page 13
- The Guardian 09/06/98 page 4
- The Independent 09/06/98 page 9
- The Daily Telegraph 09/06/98 page 2