Cunningham under fire for knee-jerk beef ban
LORD HASKINS, the chairman of the Governments Better Regulation Taskforce, has implicitly criticised the former agriculture minister, Jack Cunningham, in his first annual report.
The report warned ministers against knee-jerk restrictions on products in the face of health scares.
Mr Cunningham, now the minister responsible for the taskforce, insisted the ban was not hasty or “misjudged” at a press conference unveiling the report.
- Cunningham humiliated again over bone-in beef ban, FWi, yesterday (16 September, 1998)
- Nanny to be pensioned off after beef-on-bone gaffe?, FWi, yesterday (16 September, 1998)
- New crisis as beef on the bone is banned, FWi, 3 December, 1997
- Financial Times 17/09/98 page 10 (News Digest)
- The Daily Telegraph 17/09/98 page 15