Dairy Crest advances 14% for the year
DAIRY CREST has reported a 14% increase in pre-tax profits to £46.1 million for the year to 31 March.
It is the third consecutive year when the group has reported a double-digit increase in profits.
The company blamed lower milk prices for a 1.7% dip in turnover to £773.8m.
Dairy Crest said it planned to make acquisitions and wanted to build on value-added products such as cheese and yoghurt.
- Dairy Crest details dividend after profit rise, FWi, yesterday (26 May, 1999)
- The Independent 27/05/02/99 page 25 (The Investment Column)
- Financial Times 27/05/99 page 24
- The Guardian 27/05/99 page 53
- The Daily Telegraph 27/05/99 page 38