Dairy farm claims 20th E coli victim
THE number of confirmed cases of E coli food poisoning from a west Cumbrian dairy farm has risen to 20.
A further 11 suspected cases are being linked contaminated milk from a dairy at Scales Farm, Brigham, Cockermouth.
Health officials believe there was a fault with the pasteurising unit, resulting in families drinking “raw” milk.
The milk has been taken away for analysis and the farmer has been served with a prohibition notice.
- Food poisoning traced to dairy farm, FWi, 05 March, 1999
- E coli outbreak linked to Cumbrian farm, FWi, 04 March, 1999
- E coli butcher in court, FWi, 21 October, 1997
- The Independent 08/03/02/99 page 6
- The Daily Telegraph 08/03/99 page 9