Dechra bids for VDC
THE takeover battle for VDC, the veterinary medicine company, took a new twist when Dechra, the animal healthcare products business, entered the fray.
It has approached the AIM-listed company with an offer of £25.6 million.
Dechra said it had approached VDC with an offer of not less than 235p a share. This represents a premium of 7% to the increased £24m, or 220p a share, bid made earlier this week by Genus, the bull breeding company.
Genus has improved terms for its loan note alternative.
- Genus profits up £5,2m, FWi, yesterday (03 June, 1999)
- More bidders for VDC?, FWi, 02 June, 1999
- VDC welcomes new Genus bid, FWi, 01 June, 1999
- 30% profit jump for Genus, FWi, 27 May, 1999
- Genus extends offer for VDC, FWi, 19 May, 1999
- Genus attacks VDC plans, FWi,12 May, 1999
- Genus fights on for VDC, FWi, 11 May, 1999
- VDC moves to avoid Genus bid, FWi, 10 April, 1999
- Genus asks VDC to recommend bid, FWi, 07 May, 1999
- Genus offers £20.7m for VDC, FWi, 20 April, 1999
- The Times 04/06/02/99 page 32 (Business Roundup)
- The Independent 04/06/02/99 page 22 (In Brief)
- Financial Times 04/06/06/99 page 27
- The Daily Telegraph 04/06/99 page 36