Dewar ignoring rural Scots
DONALD DEWAR has announced his first Scottish cabinet but critics pointed out that most of its members came from the Central Belt rather than rural Scotland.
Mr Dewar was expected to give the rural affairs portfolio to Nicol Steven, Aberdeen South MSP, but instead appointed Ross Finnie.
- The Times 18/05/02/99 page 6
- The Independent 18/05/02/99 page 9
- Financial Times 18/05/99 page 10
- The Guardian 18/05/99 page 2
- The Daily Telegraph 18/05/99 page 1, page 2, page 5
- The Herald 18/05/99 page 1, page 6 – 7, page 16 (Leader)