EU farm ministers meet in Luxembourg
EUROPEAN Union farm ministers begin a two-day session in Luxembourg this week amid hopes by Germany that it can phase out the most restrictive cages for hen-laying chickens after 2017.
Countries including France are opposing abolition.
The UK will be leading a campaign to save EU subsidies of school milk, under threat because of budget cuts.
Ministers are also expected to discuss the current dioxin-in-food scare.
- Producers told to check for dioxins, FWi, 11 June, 1999
- Angry Belgian farmers blockade roads, FWi, 11 June, 1999
- Belgium criticised over food scare, FWi, 10 June, 1999
- NFU cries over spilt milk subsidy, FWi, 01 June, 1999
- Scots fear end to school milk subsidy, FWi, 28 May,1999
- Scottish Milk campaigns for EU subsidy, FWi, 25 May, 1999
- School milk under threat, warn dairies, FWi, 14 May, 1999
- Financial Times 14/06/99 page 48 (FT Guide To The Week)