Europes farmers protest against farm reforms
EUROPEAN farmers took part in several demonstrations yesterday against the proposed reforms of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP).
Thousands of farmers took to the streets in Berlin to coincide with the European heads of government summit taking place in the city.
The police confiscated nine wagonloads of manure that was to have been dumped on the doorstep of the leaders.
The Berlin protests were complemented by a farmers blockade on the German-Belgium border and new protests in Poland.
- EU governments prepare farm deal, FWi, yuesterday (24 March, 1999)
- Cautious note ahead of EU summit, FWi, 23 March, 1999
- More farm cuts in Europe?, FWi, 22 March, 1999
- France pressured for more farm reforms, FWi, 19 March, 1999
- Brown committed to more subsidy cuts, FWi, 18 March, 1999
- WTO urged to cut subsidies, FWi, 16 March, 1999
- Britain calls for more subsidy cuts, FWi, 15 March, 1999
- Farmers could face more subsidy cuts, FWi, 12 March, 1999
- The Times 25/03/02/99 page 18