Farming MP believed dead after fire
A CONSERVATIVE MP who farmed 1000 acres in Hampshire, and his wife, are feared dead after an inferno swept through their mansion.
Tory grandee Michael Colvin and his wife Nichola are thought to have perished in their bedroom after a fire broke out in their 3 million home near Andover.
Mr Colvin, who studied at the Royal Agricultural College in Cirencester, was a vociferous defender of field sports.
Recently he campaigned against proposals to ban foxhunting.
On Thursday (24 February) night police had still not ruled out arson as the cause of the fire.
- The Daily Mail 25/02/2000 page09
- The Express 25/02/2000 page 09
- The Daily Telegraph 25/02/2000 page 01
- The Independent 25/02/2000 page 01
- The Guardian 25/02/2000 page 01
- Financial Times 25/0/2000 page 02
- The Times 25/02/2000 page 03