Genus extends offer for VDC
GENUS, the cattle breeding and farm consultancy group, has extended its £20.7 million hostile offer for VDC, the veterinary and dental healthcare products distributor.
The move came after Genus received acceptances for just over 2% of the shares.
VDC is expected next week to post its offer document on plans for a reverse takeover of Lawrence, a chemicals group supplying the animal feed and pet care industries.
The deal would create a group with a market value of some £42m and block the 190p a share offer from Genus.
- Genus attacks VDC plans, FWi,12 May, 1999
- Genus fights on for VDC, FWi, 11 May, 1999
- VDC moves to avoid Genus bid, FWi, 10 April, 1999
- Genus asks VDC to recommend bid, FWi, 07 May, 1999
- Genus offers £20.7m for VDC, FWi, 20 April, 1999
- Financial Times 19/05/99 page 24 (News Digest)