Government to judge greenfield plans
LOCAL authorities will have to consult the government before granting permission for large-scale housing developments on greenfield sites, reports the Financial Times.
Planning minister Nick Raynsford said this would ensure greenfield developments were not passed without the government having a chance to consider if they met policy requirements.
The Government favours building on brownfield sites.
- Stop selling farmland for homes, FWi, 08 March, 2000
- Green fields threatened by development, FWi, 08 May, 2000
- Green belt in jeopardy – say some, FWi, 06 March, 2000
- Financial Times 05/10/2000 page 8
- The Daily Telegraph 05/10/2000 page 6