Harrison & Hetherington in talks over sacked MD
TALKS are taking place between Carlisle-based auctioneering group Harrison & Hetherington and its sacked managing director David Thomlinson.
Mr Thomlinson was asked to quit the company last week after five years in the job. Another senior employee walked out in sympathy
New chairman Dennis Harrison confirmed that talks had taken place as farmers demonstrated yesterday (Wednesday) about Thomlinsons departure at the Borderway mart in Carlisle.
Harrison & Hetherington is the UKs largest auctioneering business and sales in four rings were disrupted as farmers voiced their feelings.
There is speculation that Mr Thomlinsons departure centred around plans to extend the market to include an exhibition hall and access road.
- Staff shake-out at Harrison & Hetherington, FWi, 22 October, 1998
- Another auctioneer leaves Swan, FWi, 05 August, 1998
- Scottish auctions “obsolete”?, FWi, 28 July, 1998
- Plea for auctions as Swan profits slump, FWi, 25 June, 1998
- The Herald 29/10/98 page 29