Hormone beef must be labelled MLC
THE Meat and Livestock Commission (MLC) has called for the clear labelling of US beef produced with the help of growth hormones banned in this country.
Don Curry, MLC chairman, told an audience at the Scothot exhibition in Glasgow that labelling was essential so that consumers knew what they being offered.
Other speakers backed Mr Curry, saying that labelling would help to raise animal welfare and food safety standards throughout Europe.
- WTO to meet on EU hormone beef ban, FWi, 15 March 1999
- Now EU and USA clash over beef, FWi, 02 February 1999
- Canadas thumbs-down for BST, FWi, 02 January 1999
- Welfare group calls for ban on cattle hormone, FWi, 19 August 1998
- The Herald 16/03/99 page 22