Keep OP ban, says green dip-maker
AGROCHEMICALS experts have called for the government to retain its ban on organophosphate sheep dips, reports the Financial Times.
This comes after the agriculture committee recommended the dips are re-introduced, provided packaging is made safer.
However, Lovesgrove Research of north Wales says there are environmentally friendly alternatives to the potentially hazardous OPs.
The company is hoping to commercialise its Myrtex sheep dip which kills scab mites.
- MPs call for return of OP dip, FWi, yesterday (24 May, 2000)
- No OP dip for another year, FWi, 12 April, 2000
- Scab threatens national flock, FWi, 28 January, 2000
- Government withdraws OP sheep dip, FWi, 20 December, 1999
- Financial Times 24/05/2000 page 8