Last chance for dairy farmers
DAIRY farmers are in the “last chance saloon”, according to Robin Morrow, chairman of the Royal Association of British Dairy Farmers national working party
The Herald reports that he believes too much “fragmentation” exists and that co-operation is vital if there is to be long term future for the sector.
He pointed out that there were more than 40 producers selling groups while there were less than 10 dairy companies buying nearly 40% of the milk.
He said this arrangement could not serve the producing side of the industry well.
- Milk Price Review – `Family farms will grow, FWi, today (30 September, 1999)
- Co-ops only option for milk producers, FWi, Thursday, 23 September, 1999
- Warning on dairy investment, FWi, 26 February 1999
- Cut number of dairy producer groups , FWi, Wednesday, 20 January, 1999
- The Herald 30/09/99 page 25