Letter-writers doubt the GM experts
GENETICALLY modified (GM) crops continue to preoccupy many readers of national newspapers, judging by contributions to their letter pages.
Four writers in The Guardian take issue with last weeks report by the Nuffield Council on Bioethics that GM crops could help combat world hunger.
Meanwhile, in The Independent, the director of Friends of the Earth, attacks the government for its over-reliance on scientific advice on the issue.
“Mr Blairs obstinate defence of the indefensible is no way out of the biotech mess his government has created,” he writes.
- Letter-writers spell out GM doubts, FWi, 28 May, 1999
- GM letters harvest continues, FWi, 25 May, 1999
- Bumper GM crop on the letters pages, FWi, 24 May, 1999
- The Times 01/06/99 page 19 (Letters to the Editor)
- The Independent 01/06/99 page 2 (Review – Letters to the Editor)
- The Guardian 01/06/99 page 15 (Letters)