Lindane to escape ban?
CONTROVERSIAL pesticide lindane is set to escape a ban, even though experts say it poses a risk, claims The Express.
The governments Advisory Committee on Pesticides has instead recommended improved packaging for domestic lindane products.
The committees advice, which is now before agriculture ministers, was condemned as “feeble” by The Express-backed Ban Lindane Campaign.
Lindane is outlawed in 14 countries, including Germany, Sweden, Denmark and the Netherlands.
The pesticide has been linked to damage breast cancer, birth defects and damage to the immune system.
- Ministers shirked duty over lindane, FWi, 24 February, 2000
- Government confirms lindane ban, FWi, 09 July, 1999
- Row brews over lindane ban, FWi, 22 June, 1999
- Questionmark over lindane, FWi, 05 May, 1999
- The Express 23/03/2000 page 10 and 21