BEST source of further information about whole-crop is the Maize Growers Association (MGA).
It is offering copies of the seven following publications to members considering taking whole-crop this summer:
• Whole-crop cereals. The LINK programme, G Alderman, 1992.
• Whole-crop cereals trial at ADAS Bridgets, R Mansbridge, 1992.
• Whole-crop cereals and urea, G Newman 1990.
• Whole-crop cereals. A forage for ruminants, R Weller & G Newman 1990.
• Whole-crop cereals, G Newman, 1992.
• MGA 1991 Conference Papers, various authors, 1991.
• MGA whole-crop conference Stirling, various authors, 1995.
The MGA is based at the Centre for Dairy Research (CEDAR), Hall Farm, Arborfield, Reading RG2 9HX (01734 761595).
The other publication on the subject worth reading is Whole-crop Cereals (2nd Edition) by B A Stark and J M Wilkinson, available from Chalcombe Publications, Pilgrims Cottage, Church Lane, Kingston, Canturbury, Kent CT4 6HX (£14.95 inc p&p).