Monsanto and Cyanamid parent to merge
MONSANTO and American Home Products (AHP) are to merge in a $34 billion (£20bn) deal. The combined stock market valuation of the two companies is $96bn (£59bn).
Agricultural interests will be the second largest element of the yet-to-be-named company, with sales of about $6bn annually.
AHP will hold a 65% stake and will have annual sales of about $23bn a year.
- Monsanto in £59bn Cyanamid merger, FWi, yesterday (1 June) Click here
- Financial Times 02/06/98 page 1, page 17, page 18 (Lex), page 24
- The Times 02/06/98 page 1, page 29 (Commentary)
- The Scotsman 02/06/98 page 23, page 25 (Business View)
- The Daily Telegraph 02/06/98 page 27
- The Independent 02/06/98 page 23
- The Guardian 02/06/98 page 20