Monsanto warns of OSR sowing risks
By FARMERS WEEKLY staff
AUTOCAST or broadcast techniques to establish oilseed rape should not be attempted following crops treated pre-harvest with Roundup (glyphosate), warns Monsanto.
Straw from such crops can carry a residue of glyphosate which could wash off and kill seedlings.
“It is too risky,” said Monsantos John Davies. “Minimum cultivation is fine, so long as you get the seed into the soil.”
Similar precautions with generic glyphosate products would be sensible too, he says.
- Combine header use offers rape sowers savings, FARMERS WEEKLY, 06 November, 1998
- Thin OSR stands might not pose big yield threat, FARMERS WEEKLY, 08 December, 2000
- How Northants unit plans early drilling, FARMERS WEEKLY, 03 September, 1999
- Arable Alerts – our arable news page
- Harvest Highlights – our comprehensive harvest round-up
- Weather forecast for the next four days on FWi
FREE NEWS UPDATE