More bidders for VDC?
OTHER bidders may be about to enter the battle for VDC, the Aim-traded veterinary supplies distributor fighting a hostile £24 million offer from Genus.
The Stock Exchange is set to make an announcement by VDC urging shareholders to be aware it is talking with other companies that might lead to a further offer.
One option could involve another quoted company joining forces with VDC if it is successful in its plan to reverse into Lawrence, the Aim-trade chemicals group that supplies the animal feed and pet care industry.
Another potential buyer is thought to be ready to pay a premium over Genuss 220p offer.
- VDC welcomes new Genus bid, FWi, yesterday (01 June, 1999)
- 30% profit jump for Genus, FWi, 27 May, 1999
- Genus extends offer for VDC, FWi, 19 May, 1999
- Genus attacks VDC plans, FWi,12 May, 1999
- Genus fights on for VDC, FWi, 11 May, 1999
- VDC moves to avoid Genus bid, FWi, 10 April, 1999
- Genus asks VDC to recommend bid, FWi, 07 May, 1999
- Genus offers £20.7m for VDC, FWi, 20 April, 1999
- Financial Times 02/06/06/99 page 22
- The Daily Telegraph 02/06/99 page 33