More farm cuts in Europe?
HEADS of government from across Europe may demand further cuts to the European farm budget when they meet in Berlin this week.
Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden and Austria are pressing to cut their contributions to the central EU budget.
- France pressured for more farm reforms, FWi, 19 March, 1999
- Brown committed to more subsidy cuts, FWi, 18 March, 1999
- WTO urged to cut subsidies, FWi, 16 March, 1999
- Britain calls for more subsidy cuts, FWi, 15 March, 1999
- Farmers could face more subsidy cuts, FWi, 12 March, 1999
- Financial Times 22/03/99 page 3, page 17 (Editorial), page 40 (FT Guide To The Week)