Mugabe heads for farm seizure defeat
ZIMBABWE president Robert Mugabe is reported to be heading for defeat in the referendum on a new constitution, reports The Times.
The new constitution would give Mr Mugabe new powers including the right to seize white-owned farms without compensation.
Election officials in Zimbabwe say bad weather has disrupted the counting of votes from the vote on Sunday (13 February).
Vote on 1700 Zimbabwe farms, Fwi, 10 February 2000
- Mugabe links gangster gays to land grab, FWi, 08 November 1999
- Zimbabwe land reform benefits chosen few, FWi, 20 July 1999
- The Times 14/02/2000 page 14
- Financial Times 14/02/2000 page 1
- The Daily Telegraph 14/02/2000 page 11