Mugabe to push through land grab
PRESIDENT Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe is to push through an amendment to the constitution which would allow the state to seize white-owned farms.
Mr Mugabe has just suffered a humiliating defeat for this plans to change the constitution.
This would have included controversial plans to confiscate white farms.
Zimbabwes 4500 white farmers control about half of the countrys prime agricultural land.
- Vote halts Mugabe land grab, FWi, 16 February, 2000
- The Times 17/02/2000 page 19, 24
- The Independent 17/02/2000 page 15, 2 (Review), 4 (Comment – Review)
- Financial Times 17/02/2000 page 22 (Comment & Analysis)
- The Daily Telegraph 17/02/2000 page 21