New guide to beating blackgrass
By Tom Allen-Stevens
THREE spray manufacturers have got together and released a new free guide to effective blackgrass control in time for the autumn herbicide season.
The 12-page guide contains advice on managing existing resistant blackgrass populations and preventing resistance developing.
Combining cultural with effective mixed herbicide chemistry is key as blackgrass gets tougher, the publishers – DuPont Monsanto and Syngenta – point out.
Also explored are blackgrass control when early drilling and the role of ploughing versus minimum tillage.
FREE ARABLE UPDATE
CLICK HERE to receive FWis FREE new weekly email newsletter, providing an instant link to all the major additions and updates relevant to your arable business.
- Old v new in weed-control wars, FWi, 23 August, 2001
- Early-drilling spells danger – ADAS, FWi, 10 September, 2001
- FWi Arable – our arable news page
- Click here to quiz the expert panel in our lo-till advice line
- Click here for a demo of the new, improved FWi Weathercast service