New Hollands profits fall by a half
NEW Holland, the farm and earthmoving equipment maker, saw lower third-quarter operating profits of $96 million (£57m), compared with $164m the year before.
Third-quarter revenues fell 9.3% to $1.3bn.
- Agco warns of falling demand, FWi, today (30 October, 1998)
- New Holland sees no recovery before late 1999, FWi, yesterday (29 October, 1998)
- Caterpillar undecided over move on to farm, FWi, 19 October, 1998
- Jobs to go at Case, FWi, 08 October, 1998
- US machinery makers show strain, FWi, 17 September, 1998
- Russia and Far east troubles hit Case, FWi, 10 September, 1998
- Financial Times 30/10/98 page 26