Northern Foods cuts 300 jobs
NORTHERN Foods is to cut nearly 300 jobs from its baking business.
Jobs are going in Nottingham and Milton Keynes as the company restructures and reorganises Fletchers Bakeries, the Sheffield-based business it bought in April.
Northern Foods also plans to create 170 jobs as it upgrades plant and facilities.
It said the moves would involve capital expenditure of about £20m and would give rise to an exceptional charge in the current financial year of £10 million.
- Northern Foods in control of Fletchers, FWi,26 April, 1999
- The Times 07/07/99 page 26
- The Independent 07/07/99 page 21
- Financial Times 07/07/99 page 28 (News Digest)
- The Guardian 07/07/99 page 22
- The Daily Telegraph 07/07/99 page 31