Poor cattle market set to damage Hoechst
HOECHST, the German chemicals giant, is seeing demand weaken for its agrochemical and feed additive products.
Analysts at Lehman Brothers says the divisions are suffering from low agricultural prices and a poor cattle market.
Hoechst has confirmed it is merger talks with French rival Rhone-Poulenc, which will involve the merger of their agrochemicals operations.
- The Times 26/11/98 page 30
- The Independent 26/11/98 page 21
- Financial Times 26/11/98 page 26
- The Guardian 26/11/98 page 26, page 26 (Notebook)
- The Daily Telegraph 26/11/98 page 39